How to stop kudzu detection of keyboard

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Thu Sep 29 14:44:39 UTC 2005

You can also hook up a serial console where you can mark the keyboard as
gone in kudzu.   The changes you need to make are as follows:

  /etc/securetty			ttyS0
  /etc/sysconfig/init		BOOTUP=serial
  /etc/inittab			S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 9600

/boot/grub/grub.conf
# Options for serial console
serial --unit=0 --speed=9600 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
terminal --silent --timeout=0 serial console

   Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
   University of Saskatchewan