Installation issues on redhat linux

Pol, Parikshit parikpol at amazon.com
Fri Sep 30 19:24:10 UTC 2005

Hello Folks,
	I am trying to install Eclipse 3.1 on my Linux desktop ( Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma) ). As a part of the dependencies I was trying to install gtk+-2.8.4. While trying to run ./configure it gives me the following error:
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.7.1    atk >= 1.0.1    pango >= 1.9.0    cairo >= 0.9.2) were not met.

I just installed glib-2.8.2, pango-1.10.0 and atk-1.10.1. But somehow pkg-config is not getting it. It is showing the following packages when I do a list-all.

parikpol at parikpol:~/downloads> pkg-config --list-all
gmodule-export-2.0    GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
freetype2             FreeType 2 - A free, high-quality, and portable font engine.
gmodule-2.0           GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
libxml-2.0            libXML - libXML library version2.
glib-2.0              GLib - C Utility Library
gobject-2.0           GObject - GLib Type, Object, Parameter and Signal Library
gthread-2.0           GThread - Thread support for GLib
gmodule-no-export-2.0 GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib

It is showing an older version of glib-2.0. I am new to linux, so can someone help me out here?
Thanks.
-Parikshit