multipathing and md raid1

Dominik Schmid dominik_schmid at gmx.ch
Tue Apr 4 15:57:39 UTC 2006

Hello

I have two fibre channel devices (ql2300) in my server which are bound to 16
paths, there are 2x2 logical devices which i have to use in a raid.

Put the dm-* modules in the initrd works fine, but i have a problem with the
md devices:
When sd_mod, ql2300 and dm_multipath modules are loaded, the md raid1 driver
is being loaded and recognizes the md devices from the sda-sdp drives
instead of the multipathing devices.

How can i hide the auto-raid partitions in the scsi devices from the md
module to be recognized? I wont, that the md module recognizes the raid
partitions from the multipath devices.

Thanks!
Dominik

--