Gnome 2.14 Desktop launcher

Dave M DaveM at Mich.Com
Tue Apr 4 16:59:15 UTC 2006

I just downloaded and installed FC5. I downloaded, built and installed two
apps, PCB and XCircuit. All went well. But neither of the apps installed an
icon on the Gnome desktop or in the menu bar.

To run the PCB program manually I open a terminal window and do:

cd /root/Desktop/PCB/src;./pcbtest.sh

That works.

Then I right click on the desktop.
  - Create launcher.
    Name: PCB_Test
    Command: cd /root/Desktop/PCB/src;./pcbtest.sh
    Type: Application
  and click OK.

When I double click on the launcher I get an error dialog:

   There was an error launching the application
   Details: Failed to execute the child process
   "cd" no such file or directory

I cut and pasted the command right out of the terminal window so I know it
works.

What kind of magic do I need to wrap around my command to get it to launch
the script?

TIA

Dave M
Davem (at) Mich (dot) Com
Ann Arbor, Mich. USA

Endangered electronic species: http://www.eff.org/endangered/list.php
"The 'Analog Holes' they want to stop up are our eyes, ears and mouths."