Fonts on AS v.3

Stephen Berg Stephen.Berg at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 10 21:33:10 UTC 2006

Having some trouble getting the Arial font installed on an AS machine.  One of the users tells me that an Oracle process is trying to generate reports in PDF format but can't since the Arial font isn't available.  After a bunch of dead-ends through Google I'm getting frustrated on this one.  Is this a generic font issue on RedHat or is it more Oracle related?  The user is working on figuring out if they can make Oracle use a font that is available while I work on getting some specific fonts added to the system.

Is there a simple easy way to get more fonts added onto the system?  I've created the fonts.scale, fonts.cache and fonts.alias file in a directory with TrueType font files.  I added the path with chkfontpath and restarted xfs but the fonts I added still don't seem to show up in nedit or gedit or anything else font related.

Stephen Berg
Linux/UNIX Sys Admin
National Data Buoy Center, Stennis Space Center
228-688-2047