Clone ES4 machine

vipin sagar sagar.vipin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 15:20:39 UTC 2006

Hello Dag,

Thats fine with rsync; if we have separate partitions for /, /home,
/usr, /opt, /var, /tmp..etc. and very purticular about a set of files
(correct me if I am wrong )
How about if we have gotta two different hardwares : Is that an issue ?

If we do need some conf files under /etc /dev /usr but not all
(ofcource we have option for selection in rsync but not Interactive (i
guess) ) that delays having the clone in one shot.

Does this do any trick :) ?
> >   + Boot a rescue image that contains a recent rsync binary:

The alternate options may be
http://www.mondorescue.org/docs/mondorescue-howto.html
http://freshmeat.net/projects/g4l/     Ghost for Linux
http://freshmeat.net/projects/g4u/    Ghost for Unix