.htpasswd/.htaccess problem...

Krassen Deltchev deltchev at neurop.rub.de
Sat Apr 29 03:41:01 UTC 2006

replies-lists-redhat at listmail.innovate.net wrote:
> as suggested by the error message:
>
>  > More information about this error may be available in the server
>  > error log.
>
> look in your apache error log, it will likely give you the error detail
> that you'll never get from the user-oriented 500 error message.

right ,it gives me the error message :AuthUserFile not allowed here,
so should i assume that i must change the settings for the .htaccess
under httpd.conf ,for they should work under the path :

/var/www/html/ and furthur subfolders,

or where should i be looking for ,for restricting the use of the .htaccess.
Thanks,for the reply so far!

krassen

--
----