Monthly Reboots Needed of not?

John O'Loughlin j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 13:29:09 UTC 2006

Andrew

Don't forget that those machines are either running network services so
rebooting them will cause a break in that and can lead to issues like
stale nfs file handles for nfs servers or broken internet connections if
they are a firewall.
If they are workstations then its probable that they will have a number of
users logged at any one time doing work and so they will not be best
pleased.

John