Gnome 2.14 Desktop launcher

Frank DiPrete fdiprete at comcast.net
Wed Apr 5 13:45:11 UTC 2006

I just downloaded and installed FC5. I downloaded, built and installed
        two
        apps, PCB and XCircuit. All went well. But neither of the apps
        installed
        an
        icon on the Gnome desktop or in the menu bar.

        To run the PCB program manually I open a terminal window and do:

        cd /root/Desktop/PCB/src;./pcbtest.sh

        That works.

        Then I right click on the desktop.
          - Create launcher.
            Name: PCB_Test
            Command: cd /root/Desktop/PCB/src;./pcbtest.sh
            Type: Application
          and click OK.

        When I double click on the launcher I get an error dialog:

           There was an error launching the application
           Details: Failed to execute the child process
           "cd" no such file or directory

        I cut and pasted the command right out of the terminal window so
        I know
        it
        works.

        What kind of magic do I need to wrap around my command to get it
        launch
        the script?

        ********

        try:

        put cd /root/Desktop/PCB/src into the pcbtest.sh script,

        then change the launcher to
        Command: /root/Desktop/PCB/src/pcbtest.sh