Red Hat Directory Server

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Wed Apr 5 18:12:26 UTC 2006

For importing accounts, you will need one tool: Perl.  Net::LDAP is
sweet, and it's pretty trivial to slurp your /etc/passwd (or
/etc/nis/passwd, or whatever) into a Perl script and either dump it
straight to LDAP or into an LDIF file.  IIRC, there are even some
prewritten tools out there for doing it, but you'll probably want to
customize them.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University