Monthly Reboots Needed of not?

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Apr 5 21:05:14 UTC 2006

El Miércoles 05 Abril 2006 14:39, Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com escribió:
> We currently run 40 Redhat ES/WS version 3 machines and we have been
> advised that it would be good practice to reboot the linux machines once a
> month. While i have my reservations about this, i wanted to know what other
> people thought about this and also if anybody actually does this already.
>
> Let me know your thoughts
>
> Regards

Thats make no sense. We have machines which have been running for at least
seven or eight months without problems.

IMHO there's no reason to reboot a machine which is running perfectly unless
you have some hardware problems, memory leaks or some critical kernel update
with that servers

Kind regards

Manu.