new user -exim settings missing ...

Krassen Deltchev deltchev at neurop.rub.de
Thu Apr 6 13:17:08 UTC 2006

Hello and cheers!
i'm having this odd problem(working under RHEL3):
i must make a new user account and set the exim settings for it,for to
get the new user its mail from our exim4 server,
i thought the former administrator has added such settings to the
useradd script,but i found only this in /etc/default/useradd:

# useradd defaults file
GROUP=XXXXX(the number is not importaint)
HOME=/home
INACTIVE=-1
EXPIRE=
SHELL=/bin/bash
SKEL=/etc/skel

if i give insted of useradd:
#locate adduser ->it gives me only binaries no script...

let's say the new user is john,
so i expect as i ran the useradd script to get the needed folder
/mail/john ,where i can find the whole settings about its imap account,
but i can't find something in the useradd script ,which tells exim to
make this changes for the new user in /mail/

what i've done:
#useradd john ->it asked me only for the samba password,no unix
password??,and gave me the UID for john,
but it created an account for john in /home/ ->/home/john/ it's obvious
then i decided to make the unix password for john as:
#passwd john
type new password: ...
retype :...
so john can access its account(over ssh),
so i'm concerning about the useradd script doesn't make much at all or
am i missing something?
i know that this is no kind of exim -mailing list ,but anykind of help
would be greatly appreciated!
if there is a special command on ,how to make the needed settings for
exim regarding this new user, i'll do it by hand-no problem.

Kindest regards

krassen

--

----