How to lock screen

vipin sagar sagar.vipin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 07:54:49 UTC 2006

This discussion poped me a Q in my mind....

Yeah... we all concerned about security..... According to RedHat; we are not
supposed to leave our Linux box as root so they purposefully diasable the
screen locking as "root". (Users like Patrick Derwael doesent have a choice
:) )

I used to login as a normal user to my machine and type into my terminal
mongoose $ sudo  when I needed and some time..
mongoose $ sudo su -    (I put an entry by typing mongoose # visudo)
 vipin   ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL
...do screen lock and left alone my machine.

I do manage to type ctrl +d on terminal; if I am in a # mode just before
locking mY system but... I don't think, here the case is differnt from "The
Super User"

~vipin/sagar

http://vipinsagar.be

...i've to look back when i heard a gong! i could only see a huge cobweb and
its shining, just got wonder, whats the time it was… 5AgAr

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be
selective about who it makes friends with. -- Dave Parnas