not able to mount usb drive

Matthijs.Sneijders at corusgroup.com Matthijs.Sneijders at corusgroup.com
Wed Apr 12 08:12:37 UTC 2006

Yougander,

might be that /tmp is in use by some other process,
create a  freshly mount point for your drive,  ( mkdir /mnt/flash )

tail -f /var/log/messages.
insert usb stick, look for any info on the usb stick ( on what device the
usb stick is to be found)
mount this device in your newly created directory

if no changes in /var/log/messages appear when your stick is inserted, your
USB is probably not
working properly.

Success,

 Matthijs Sneijders

     CORUS
     Research,
     Development
     &
     Technology

     Building
     3G16 room
     3-312

     P.O. Box
     10.000

     1970 CA
     IJMUIDEN

     phone       +31 (0)251-496400

     fax         +31 (0)251-470064

     mail        matthijs.sneijders at corusgroup.com

|         |           "Yogi pn"          |
|         |           <yougander at gmail.co|
|         |           m>                 |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           redhat-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           12-04-2006 09:51   |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           General Red Hat    |
|         |           Linux discussion   |
|         |           list               |
  |       To:       "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list at redhat.com>                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  not able to mount usb drive                                                                                  |

Hi,
   I have a 128MB USB thumb drive, i tried to mount the thumb drive using
mount /dev/sda(sda1,sdb) /tmp but it failed. How to mount USB thumb drive?

Thanks in advance
yougander

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.