sudo Configuration

Michael Johnson mjohnson at coderyte.com
Wed Apr 12 20:55:04 UTC 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Meadows, Andrew wrote:

> I am attempting to configure sudo on a RH AS v3 r4 server. The version
> of sudo installed is 1.6.7p5. I would like to pass the $PATH
> environment
> of root to the sudoer when they run a sudo command. If User A runs
> sudo
> ifconfig, usera receives an error saying that ifconfig cannot be
> found.
> I know that this is due to the fact that the /sbin path is not in the
> user A's profile. Is it possible to pass the .profile info from
> root to
> user A so this command can run successfully?

An alternative is to use sudo -i instead of sudo -s to get all the
root-y goodness.  I don't recall if that version has this function.
I have it on my BSD servers, but not my RH servers.  It annoys me
that it isn't there.  =-)

-Michael

|   Michael Johnson          |   Sr. Systems Engineer     |
|   mjohnson at coderyte.com    |   CodeRyte                 |
|   +1-301-951-5315          |   http://www.coderyte.com/ |