Query Cluster Status from shell script

Richard Bailey RichardB at ngc.co.tt
Thu Apr 13 14:50:25 UTC 2006

Hello All,

We are using a few RedHat AS 3 clusters and have them serving NFS. In
addition to this NFS I want to add a user script to the service,
however, the starting of this user service relies on the NFS being up.
This is causing some problems since if the cluster is totally down and I
try to start it, it starts the user script first, which hangs since the
NFS is not yet started.

I would like to put an entry in my user script that checks the cluster
status before attempting to start, if the cluster is not started, the
user script will abort. I'm investigating the clustat command, but this
does not seem to return a return code to the script. Is there any way
else I can check this? A lock file perhaps? Or is there another way I
can start the NFS first then my service?

- Regards,
Richard Bailey,
Technical Analyst,
National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago,
Orinoco Drive, Point Lisas Industrial Estate,
Point Lisas,
Trinidad and Tobago
W: 1-868-636-4662 ext 159
M: 1-868-724-7559