AW: sudo Configuration

joe at illegal-access.de joe at illegal-access.de
Thu Apr 13 17:34:24 UTC 2006

Hello Andrew,

I have no idea, if there's a sudo-config for the PATH-env ... so I'd like to write my own one:

   [root at hornet ~]# cat /bin/mysudo
   #!/bin/bash

   OPATH=$PATH               # save the original PATH
   PATH=/usr/sbin:$PATH      # append some for root
   sudo $*                   # execute the command(line)
   PATH=$OPATH               # and restore the old PATH

To activate this, just set an alias in the ~.profile(s) or /etc/profile, like:
   alias sudo=/bin/mysudo

Hope it helps...

cu,
Joe