slocate doesn't

Michael Johnson mjohnson at coderyte.com
Fri Apr 14 13:27:14 UTC 2006

Hi gang

I've discovered one of my RHEL AS3 machines doesn't locate at all.
Whenever I run locate, it doesn't return anything regardless of what
I search for.

I ran slocate -u to try and rebuild the slocate.db file.  It took
quite a while but it finished.  The locate still didn't happen.  I
even tried to specify the slocate.db in the arguments with -d and it
still returned nothing even though the slocate.db file is quite large.

What am I missing here?

-Michael

|   Michael Johnson          |   Sr. Systems Engineer     |
|   mjohnson at coderyte.com    |   CodeRyte                 |
|   +1-301-951-5315          |   http://www.coderyte.com/ |