No IP on boot

Allen K. Smith lazlor at bigboy.lotaris.org
Fri Apr 14 21:41:54 UTC 2006

* Interface is configured to not come up on boot. what does the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcg-ethX file look like?

* Some failure to negotiate link the first time. What does dmesg say re: ethX

* Router is a switch and is not bringing the link all the way up until spanning tree or some other L2 discovery protocol times out. If you are connecting into a switch, tell the switch that this port is connected to an end station.

Good luck,
-Allen