slocate doesn't

Michael Johnson mjohnson at coderyte.com
Sat Apr 15 16:22:34 UTC 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 12:18 PM, inode0 wrote:

> On my desktop and development machines where I'm experimenting and
> have a volatile filesystem I do run updatedb more frequently, on some
> daily and others weekly.

This makes sense.  However, depending on the environment, like a
fairly dynamic one, a lot of files could be changing.

Personally, on my production servers, I do weekly.  On my desktop/
laptop machines, I want it daily.

That being said, are there any other ideas why slocate doesn't do
anything for me?  I've done the updatedb a few times and I still get
nothing on the output of the locate command.

-Michael

|   Michael Johnson          |   Sr. Systems Engineer     |
|   mjohnson at coderyte.com    |   CodeRyte                 |
|   +1-301-951-5315          |   http://www.coderyte.com/ |