rsync

kgilpin at lrgsmail.org.uk kgilpin at lrgsmail.org.uk
Thu Apr 20 07:21:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I hope this is the right list to ask this question.  Being with in a
school environment we are using Redhat servers for different jobs.

We have a department which has been using a server as test bed to see if a
program would be used.  This was a non supported server with no backups
taking place as it was only going to be a test server.

As you can tell this server has now become a big part of the department.
I have just secured funding for a new replacement server which has a lot
more hard drive and a tape system to back up serve.

I have never used rsync before would this be the best tool to move the
data from one server to another server.

Can anyone give me the some advice on which would be the best way to setup
the new server for users and moving the data?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

believed to be clean.