Randomly losing connection to server

Aaron Suggitt Aaron.Suggitt at ctrnet.ca
Thu Apr 20 16:54:45 UTC 2006

Perhaps someone can help me with a small connectivity problem.

Firewall disabled, static IP on the server hosting 3 web-based applications.
Initial access to any application usually works for a short time then for no
reason I lose all connectivity. Running a constant ping from my workstation
will show no reply, and then a connection when I access a web application
then it drops after a few minutes, sometimes shorter. Doesn't seem to be any
reason to what starts or stops the connection problems.

Everything was working correctly when the server was set to automatically
obtain an IP then I switched it to static and this problem started.

Any suggestions?