Backup solution for RHEL4

Meadows, Andrew AMeadows at BMI.com
Fri Apr 21 10:06:24 UTC 2006

Google mkcdrec I use it and it worKs great so far. It will make ISO images you can burn, I do mine to dvd's though the default is 700 mb cd,s

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com <redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com>
To: redhat-list at redhat.com <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Fri Apr 21 04:46:52 2006
Subject: Backup solution for RHEL4

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a good backup solution for RHEL4. I am using LVM and
want to backup the entire hard disk to an image that I can replay onto
another similar machine (like Norton Ghost).

I would like to get the image stored over the network (ftp or rsync).

Suggestions/Help are welcome.

Regards,
Tanguy

immediately.