Sending log file to an Email Address

Mike Klinke mklinke at axsi.com
Fri Apr 21 12:52:25 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 April 2006 07:24, Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
wrote:
>              I currently run a script via cron on one of our
> Redhat machines ( ES version 3) and wanted the output log file to
> be sent to my e-mail address so that the log can be checked
> easier and i so i do not have to login to the machine every
> morning. I am unsure if this can be done but if it can i wondered
> what other people had put in place to do this?

One option would be to edit your /etc/aliases file.  Find the
section below and plug in your address

# Person who should get root's mail
root:           <your-email_address>

then run "newaliases" at the command prompt.  After that, all mail
destined for the "root" account will be sent to your email-address.

Regards, Mike Klinke