running services

Matthijs.Sneijders at corusgroup.com Matthijs.Sneijders at corusgroup.com
Wed Apr 26 12:05:43 UTC 2006

Hmm,

try something like

service --status-all |grep " is " |while read a b c d
do
      if [ $c = "stopped" ]
      then
            echo  "$a off"
      fi
      if [ $b = "(pid" ]
      then
            echo "$a on"
      fi
done

but as you are a C++ programmer you might want to do this in your code and
not on the shell

 Matthijs Sneijders

     CORUS
     Research,
     Development
     &
     Technology

     Building
     3G16 room
     3-312

     P.O. Box
     10.000

     1970 CA
     IJMUIDEN

     phone       +31 (0)251-496400

     fax         +31 (0)251-470064

     mail        matthijs.sneijders at corusgroup.com

|         |           Muhammad Rizwan    |
|         |           <rizwan at nixpanel.co|
|         |           m>                 |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           redhat-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           26-04-2006 18:15   |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           General Red Hat    |
|         |           Linux discussion   |
|         |           list               |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                      |
  |       To:       General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                            |
  |       Subject:  Re: running services                                                                                 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thanks for this reply. but i need some precise solution bocause i need
to use this command through my C++ code, now its almost impossible for
me to parse the results of "service --status-all".
Is there any command which 'll result me just name and status of
services.

thanks

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 10:23, BERES Laszlo wrote:
> Muhammad Rizwan wrote:
>
> > How i can get all the running services on linux system (through
> > command).
>
> Use "service --status-all"
>
> --
>
> BÉRES László         RHCE
> systems engineer, trainer

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.