Fedora core and enterpriose version equivalence

George Magklaras georgios at ulrik.uio.no
Wed Apr 26 14:34:15 UTC 2006

I am not sure there is an exact one-to-one correspondence between RHEL
and Fedora major versions. However by and large, Fedora is used in many
respects as the development ground of technologies and features that
will eventually end up in the Enterprise distro. So, whatever you see in
FC4 and FC5 now might end up (depending on stability and enterprise
demand) in the next RHEL distro release.

George B. Magklaras

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX Systems Administrator
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://www.biotek.uio.no/

EMBnet Norway: http://www.biotek.uio.no/EMBNET/