kernel-smp-2.6.9-34.0.2.EL

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Aug 4 12:15:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, pierre_stephane.baton at alcatelaleniaspace.com wrote:

> We have a big problem with 2 workstations here.
>
> Both are running kernel smp-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL with software Mentor Graphics
> ModelSim SE. Yesterday  we have updated  to
> kernel-smp-2.6.9-34.0.2.EL.x86_64 with no problem until one of our
> engineer closed the simulation. At this point a kernel panic occured.
> Someone else had a similar problem?

Expecting to find any people that use the same software in the same
conditions resulting in the same (undefined) kernel panic is going to be
tremendously hard.

It would be really useful to send the information from the kernel panic.
Either from /var/log/messages (unlickely there's something useful in
there), by typing the stuff from screen (or the most relevant bits anyway)
or by installing something like crash to dump the kernel panic over the
network to another machine.

Kind regards,