SCSI Host Adapter order

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Mon Aug 7 18:14:12 UTC 2006

From: Vladimir Kosovac Sent: August 6, 2006 20:09

> You might have more luck if you try proper aliases for two scsihosts
> in
> /etc/modprobe.conf instead. If I remember correctly /etc/modules.conf
> is
> from kernel 2.4.

Hi Vladimir:

Thanks for your suggestion, it does sound more like what I was
looking for. Unfortunately we are running RHEL3 and the current
kernel is 2.4.21. From what I can see the modprobe.conf was not
introduced until 2.5.48 (this from www.linuxmanpages.com).

While there is a modprobe.conf file on this system it is in
/etc/log.d/conf/services and there does not appear to be any
corresponding man page nor is generate_modprobe.conf on the
system.

While this does not look like it will work for our system it does
give me some hope and I thank you for your suggestion.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com