Kernel panic

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Sat Aug 19 10:28:04 UTC 2006

El Sábado, 19 de Agosto de 2006 12:02, santhosh escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I am also facing same kind of problem
>
> I was looking into mail archives where I found this conversation
>
> In my system also the same issue Kernel panic : No init found
>
> not able to do with rescue, and I need the data to be restored
> and was able to show the filesystem n partitions
>
> but in my case I am using Redhat 9 version
>
> If you have got the solution let me know
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Suddavanda

I think I have already answer you ;-)

You should use a Live CD, Knoppix, for instance and mount your data
partitions, after that you can package all your that with tar -cvf or use dd
to clone partition to another disk (do not use dd if you are not used to work
with it)
But, if your disk is damaged, there's no way to recover your data (unless you
want to pay some corporation to restore your data).

As a said on the other mail, if the partition table is corrupt your only
choice is going to be to attempt a re-install.

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.