Re: ssh authorized_keys issue. Am I missing something

What is the output when you use the verbose flag with your ssh attempt?

ssh -v user host

James Marcinek wrote:
Hello all,

I have just created public and private keys on my 2 systems. I have scp'd the public keys of each corresponding host to their respective places. I can successfully ssh from one system to the next; however vice-a-versa is still prompting me with a password.

I haven't used the ssh-agent before and when I try the ssh-add it doesn't see the ssh-agent. I have chmod'd the authorized_keys file with 600 and still the same thing. Can someone tell me what I should be looking for? The 2 systems are 1 AIX and one RHEL system.

From the RHEL4 system to the AIX works fine; but from the AIX to the RHEL4 still prompts for a password.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

James