Can a users process restart redhat server?

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Aug 2 16:04:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, August 1, 2006 3:10 am, unix syzadmin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can a users process restart redhat server?
> We have a RHEL ES4 Update 2 server.  The user starts a weblogic test and
> reports that he is no longer able to access the system.
> In the console I see the following:
>
> /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced
> /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 inode 1609906, i-blocks is 512, should be 456 FIXED
> /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 Deleted inode 1705413 has zero dtime FIXED
> /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 Extended attribute block 5440002 has reference count
> 1025,
> should be 1024
> /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 unexpected inconsistency; Run fsck manually (i.e.,
> without
> -a or -p options)
>

> Note: /dev/cciss/c0d1p1 is the partition for /export/home, which hosts the
> users home directory.
> Please suggest.
> Regards,
> -GnanaShekar-

A user's process could, potentially, crash a system.  This would explain
why the filesystem was not unmounted cleanly.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit