fastcgi or static mod_perl with Redhat Enterprise 4's apache?

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Thu Aug 3 23:30:14 UTC 2006

Hi folks.

I'm working on setting up Request Tracker on a Redhat Enterprise 4
system.  My management likes to use the Redhat-provided precompiled
binaries whenever practical.

Request tracker wants to use either fastcgi or a -static- mod_perl (RT's
supposed to be pretty unreliable with a dynamic mod_perl, and anyway,
the dynamic one is downrev relative to what RT wants), and the Redhat
apache appears to include neither of them.

Am I stuck building my own apache with fastcgi and/or static mod_perl,
or is there a way of tacking one of these onto the preexisting
Redhat-built apache?

Thanks!