Re: rysnc /etc/passwd files

El Viernes, 4 de Agosto de 2006 16:30,
pierre_stephane baton alcatelaleniaspace com escribió:
> Look around this:
>
> http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/index.html
>
> a colleague tests it to replicate files (a partition with data, no /etc or
> other core files, but it worth the try) between a Debian and an openBSD,
> it works great.

I agree Pierre, that Unison works fine, either /etc or any other directory.
I have to say that I run it between to RHEL servers, but hope it doesn't care,
so try it :-)

I've also read Chris's reply, and i totally agree with what he told about
LDAP.
IMHO OpenLDAP is a great solution and you should think about using it on your
new box.

Greentings

--
Manuel Aróstegui Ramírez.