SCSI Host Adapter order

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Mon Aug 7 00:16:19 UTC 2006

HI All:

I have an existing RHEL3 system installed on an Acer G601 to which
I have added an LSI Megaraid 320-4X. I have connected the 8 internal
drives to one pair of channels and an external IBM EXP400 Array
(with 12 drives) to the other pair of channels. This configuration
has been operational for quite some time.

I am now attempting to install a second EXP400 for which I have
installed an LSI Megaraid 320-2X host adapter. For some reason
the system wants to add the new host adaptor before the existing
one (both in BIOS and Linux). While the system can find and
boot from my original boot drive it cannot find any other drives.

I have spend considerable time searching the web but have not had
much luck at finding what I think I need. I suspect that due to
my inexperience in this particular area am not using the correct
search terms.

My idea was to see if there was a way to force Linux to configure
the SCSI H/As in a predetermined order that way I could force my
320-4X to configure first and the 320-2X do configure second.

Can anyone tell me if this is doable and, if so, point me in the
right direction to some documentation that will explain this?

TIA

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com