autofs not mounting Windows shares

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 18:23:38 UTC 2006

Bruce,

Are you talking about a WinXP network share, or an XP-based Harddrive?

If the former, then look at updating your samba rpms.  I have had similar
problems getting older slackware machines to mount windows 2k3 net shares.
You need the cifs.o filesystem module in order to access XP/2k3 shares.

RHEL 3u5 _should_ have the cifs module already, but ymmv.

NTFS != SMB.

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises