boot Kernel Parameter “acpi=off noapic” thr ough GRUB

When I pass a boot Kernel Parameter “acpi=off noapic” through GRUB, my server doesn’t power down completely. I.e. the server doesn’t cut down power automatically, but holds at “Power Down” (message).

  Please let me know if this is an expected behavior. Also let me know what does that noapic means

Regards
A.Williams
IN THIS WORLD FULL OF DREAMS AND IMAGINATION, LOOK FOR POSSIBILITIES...