boot Kernel Parameter “acpi=off noapic” through GRUB

Arun Williams perks_williams at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 10 06:46:36 UTC 2006

When I pass a boot Kernel Parameter “acpi=off noapic” through GRUB, my server doesn’t power down completely. I.e. the server doesn’t cut down power automatically, but holds at “Power Down” (message).

  Please let me know if this is an expected behavior. Also let me know what does that noapic means

Regards
A.Williams
IN THIS WORLD FULL OF DREAMS AND IMAGINATION, LOOK FOR POSSIBILITIES...