Re: boot Kernel Parameter “acpi=off noapi c” through GRUB

Hi,
I have the same problem.I did lot but no answer.It happens in RHEL-4 .
any idea.
Shankar(RHCE)

On 8/10/06, Arun Williams <perks_williams yahoo co in> wrote:

When I pass a boot Kernel Parameter "acpi=off noapic" through GRUB, my
server doesn't power down completely. I.e. the server doesn't cut down
power automatically, but holds at "Power Down" (message).

Please let me know if this is an expected behavior. Also let me know what
does that noapic means

Regards
A.Williams
IN THIS WORLD FULL OF DREAMS AND IMAGINATION, LOOK FOR POSSIBILITIES...