SELinux and MySQL

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Aug 15 21:42:21 UTC 2006

Sorry I should have been more clear.  I knew that too.

If SELinux is enable, I cannot start the mysql daemon using
"/etcd/init.d/mysql start".  I have to disable it first.

If I try to access a mysql database with SELinux enabled, I get an error
about the file being corrupt:

ERROR 1194 (HY000): Table 'user' is marked as crashed and should be
repaired

If I call '/usr/sbin/setenforce 0' prior to using mysql, all works well
(all being relative by what I've tried).

Ryan