SELinux and MySQL

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Aug 15 22:36:56 UTC 2006

Hi Manuel,

I would like to use SELinux with RHEL 4.  Its new and I’m gonna have to
learn it sooner or later.

I suppose my problem is that I'm totally new to it and not sure how to
configure it to allow certain programs access to certain files.  I
suspect this is only one piece of it and I'm sure I'm going to run into
a whole lot more.  I've googled it and read some but most of what I've
found is overviews and white papers.  Nothing that gives hands on
experience.

The only real useful thing I've found is http://seedit.sourceforge.net/,
but it’s a GUI tool and I'd rather stick to the shell.