send mail without daemon running (RESOLVED)

Scott Ruckh sruckh at gemneye.org
Tue Aug 22 17:26:57 UTC 2006

This is what you said Chris Purcell
> ..please disregard this message, I found what the problem was on the
> Linux servers right after posting to the list.

I am curious about the solution.

It is my understanding on Linux that the senmail daemon must be listening.
 By default the configuration is setup to only accept mail from local host
so that should cut down on unwanted relaying.  I did not think that you
could send mail to the queue and then run the sendmail agent periodically
to deliver the queue as you might do on Solaris.