Re: Permit root login for telnet..

That was really usefull..... its for test env

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel todo-linux com> wrote:  El Viernes, 25 de Agosto de 2006 07:49, Arun Williams escribió:
> How can i enable root login for telnet....
>
> I tried editing /etc/pam.d/login .... but no use

Now before getting into the details of how to configure Linux for root logins,
keep in mind that this is VERY BAD security. Make sure that you NEVER
configure your production servers for this type of login.
By the way...simply edit the file /etc/securetty and add the following to the
end of the file:

pts/0
pts/1
pts/2
pts/3
pts/4
pts/5
pts/6
pts/7
pts/8
pts/9

This will allow up to 10 telnet sessions to the server as root.

Keep in mind that remote root-loing either telnet is a very very very bad idea
and you're putting your boxes at risk.

Greetings.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.