Re: Permit root login for telnet..

El Viernes, 25 de Agosto de 2006 15:24, Shekhar Dhotre escribió:
> Again that's all good . But, can you tell me how to see password of
> other sysadmin if he is accessing system via telnet?

IMHO the current scenery we're talking about is a server which will recieved
connections using telnet service. If someone is doing a man in the middle
attack or just listen with a tcpdumd, all text passwords will be captured. As
far as I know, iptraf could do the trick.

How many sysadmin are working on their machines as a local users? Majority of
them are with more workers on the same subnet, so everybody is able to catch
passwords.

Actually, I don't undestand your point of view, I wonder why are you in favor
of telnet instead ssh.

Greentings.

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.