Re: Where the heck is mailx

On 8/25/06, Mark Haney <mhaney ercbroadband org> wrote:
I'm running RHEL3 on a server and I'm trying to find the mailx binary.
The RPM db says it's installed (and the latest one I could find), but I
cannot find mailx anywhere.  I have a script that I want to be able to
mail certain data to myself and I've always used mailx for things like
that.  Did I miss something?

On RHEL4 it is in redhat-lsb but it doesn't appear to be there on
RHEL3. I believe it is just a symlink to the mail command in any
event.

Out of curiosity, what rpm command did you run that suggests it is
installed? Perhaps that will clear things up...

John