Re: Where the heck is mailx

inode0 wrote:
On 8/25/06, Mark Haney <mhaney ercbroadband org> wrote:
inode0 wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what rpm command did you run that suggests it is
> installed? Perhaps that will clear things up...
>
> John

Yeah I missed something.  Apparently, mailx is just a symlink to mail.
But this doesn't really fix the problem I'm having now, which is my
script doesn't run as mail requires a CTRL+D in order to send the
message.  How do I get around that?

I usually do something like

mail -s subject foo bar com < some-file

or

echo "text to mail" | mail -s subject foo bar com

John

Yep, that did it.  Thanks a bunch everyone.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator