Re: logrotate.conf and wildcards

Using wild cards is fine.

Greg Wilson

"Shane Presley" <shane presley gmail com>
Sent by: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
08/28/2006 01:36 PM
Please respond to
General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list redhat com>

redhat-list redhat com
cc

Subject
logrotate.conf and wildcards

Hello,

I use syslog-ng on a centralized syslog server (RHEL4).  All my hosts
get directories created under /var/log/hosts/servername.  So for
example

/var/log/hosts/server1
           messages
           mail.log
           debug

/var/log/hosts/server2
           messages
           debug

Of course as servers get added, new directories are dynamically
created.  My question is, can I use wildcards in my logrotate.conf
file, to specify directories and files?

"/var/log/*/*" to rotate all files or at least "/var/log/*/messages"

Thanks
Shane