200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV. Hungs.

A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru
Tue Aug 29 14:59:54 UTC 2006

It is possible that the network administrator installed or reconfigured
the firewall. This message means that there is some filter between your
computer and FTP server and you are trying to use FTP in active mode.
That filter blocks the incoming connection from the server to your
computer (that connection would be user for the transmission of data
(files and listings of directories as opposed to FTP commands) from the
server. In such a situations all FTP commands except those which use
data channel (PUT, GET, DIR) will work.

You should use passive FTP mode to transfer the file through such a
firewall. That mode can usually be switched on using the PASV command on
the FTP client (different clients could have different methods for
changing the mode, you should see the manual for your FTP client).

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com