grub no timeout (SOLVED)

Antonello Piemonte apiemont at eso.org
Tue Aug 29 15:34:04 UTC 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 11:02, Antonello Piemonte wrote:
> Hi
>
> we have a system running RHEL 4.3 x86_64. When booting up, the timout from
> the grub menu is gone. Here is the grub.conf

[..snip..]

FWIW the issue was due to the serial redirection enabled in the BIOS: the
serial was redirected to COM1 and a storage array attached to it (to manage
the array via serial interface) . Now when the array is spewing out stuff to
the serial line (which happens pretty much every few seconds) that stuff sent
to GRUB, effectively making it like if someone is hitting the keyboard
costantly, therefore the countdown does not appear anymore

thanks anyway for the various suggestions
cheers
antonello