Re: logrotate.conf and wildcards

On 8/29/06, Matthew Saltzman <mjs ces clemson edu> wrote:
But be careful!  Trailing wildcards will result in rotating
already-rotated files and an exponetially growing number of files in the
log directory.  So rotating /var/log/*/* is a Very Bad Idea (tm).

Thanks good advice!

In some cases I have solved that problem using olddir.  But when that
won't work, I just specify the files manually /var/log/*/filename

Thanks all,
Shane