Re: Permit root login for telnet..

Shekhar Dhotre wrote:
OK , no one has access to network room here than Coms guys . Even I
cannot go in as I am in Unix/Storages group. Our comm. guys are not
interested in checking our passwords.

Also they have access to most of the prod switches, so they are trusted
by the business. Again not a risk .

That's what some of us here thought too... until someone broke in to one of our computers, put the network card in promiscuous mode, started a password sniffer, and then got the root passwords for dozens of boxes.