RE: is NFS secure ?

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 08:58 -0400, Shekhar Dhotre wrote:

> So, NFS versions before NFSv4 were not secure right ?
I didn't say that. NFSv4 offers significant security and performance
enhancements over older versions of NFS protocol. For example, NFSv4
incorporates RPCSEC-GSS (Secure RPC using generic security service API)
security, which makes it possible to encrypt the data stream transmitted
between  NFS clients and servers. That's SECURE in my book :)
--
Anze Vidmar <anzevi gmail com>